Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Banana Nut Oatmeal

Oatmeal is one of my favorite breakfasts because it is healthy and filling. Lots of fiber and usually keeps me full much better than a bowl of cereal. I was getting bored with eating it plain every morning so I decided to add a few ingredients to make it more interesting.




I just prepared the oatmeal in the normal way.
1 cup water
1 cup 1/2% milk
1 dash of salt
Brought that to a boil then added 1 heaping cup of the oats.
I usually boil mine for about 15 minutes
This made enough oatmeal for my husband, my one year old, and me to all have some.


Then I put half a banana cut into little pieces, pecans, and brown sugar sprinkled on top. Isn't it pretty? Then before eating I just mixed it all together and I had sweet and crunchy oatmealy goodness ;) YUM :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your comment with me. I love hearing from you!